What is CHP Traffic?
CHP Traffic is an iPhone™ and iPod touch™ application (Android version not yet available) that gives you instant and convenient access to California traffic incident data published by the California Highway Patrol. Detailed information on any incident is just a tap away.
Want to check for accidents before you head out so you can choose the better route to take? Curious as to why your trip to work took an extra 20 minutes today? Need to check whether a Sigalert is still active? This application lets you do it!
With CHP Traffic you can:
- Find traffic incidents reported near your current location via the Nearby tab (requires iPhone with GPS).
- Display incidents in most metropolitan regions on a map.
- Exchange incident links with other CHP Traffic users by e-mail or SMS.
- Share updates and traffic photos with other CHP Traffic users via Twitter (new in 3.0).
- E-mail full incident logs for later reference.
- Search any incident listing for incidents with specified keywords.
- Setup and apply a filter to limit incident listings to only those freeways in the filter.
- Retrieve detailed information from the CHP on any incident including when it originally occurred, whether CHP units have arrived, and whether the roadway has been cleared.
- Gain instant access to the CHP reporting regions you specify in the Favorites tab. Save the regions you pass through during your commute to work, and you'll instantly know what your commute has in store for you.
- Look up or search for abbreviations and numeric codes used by the CHP in the Glossary tab.
- Browse all active traffic incidents throughout the state of California in the Browse tab.
For more information on using CHP Traffic, see the "Using CHP Traffic" page.
|Get a quick overview of traffic incidents in the summary view. Incidents likely to cause significant delays are highlighted in red.
||Tap an incident in any summary view to see the full CHP log, current CHP officer status, and optionally a public Twitter feed.
| || |
| The Map tab shows incidents as pins and can keep the map centered on your location. Tap a pin to reveal more information.|| |